Delivering Wyoming Wind Energy
The TransWest Express Transmission Project is a high-voltage interregional electric transmission system that will deliver wind energy produced in Wyoming to the Desert Southwest region (California, Nevada, Arizona), providing much-needed zero-carbon electricity to millions of homes and businesses. Ultimately, the TWE Project will:
- Broaden consumers' access to domestic, clean, renewable energy sources.
- Contribute to meeting national, regional and state energy and environmental policies.
- Help meet increasing customer demand.
- Provide system flexibility and increased access to the grid for third-party transmission users.
- Expand regional economic development through increased employment and enlargement of the property tax base. (TransWest will pay property taxes in every county the transmission line crosses.)
- Maintain the standard of living associated with highly reliable electricity service